And here's the finished project--
Wow, this book really exists!
I ♥ my new pinking shears!
See what I'm dealing with??!! ☺
I pretty much followed the tutorial, but here's a few changes that I made--
2) I hid the stitches as best that I could. Partly because stuff like that bothers me, partly so the kids won't be tempted to pull the stitches out. Most of the stitches are on the bottom of the basket (I'm thinking of covering it with felt)~
3) I made the basket wider... 9 circles instead of 6.
4) When building the walls of the basket I had a hard time keeping the sides straight-- it was starting to take on a honeycomb shape. So I undid the stitches and started over. I built the sides of the basket and used some safety pins to loosely hold it together. I then stitched from the bottom of the basket to the top and back down again, then tied it off. I did this about 30 times, so it's pretty sturdy and even if a thread breaks, the basket won't fall apart.
One basket down, one more to go!
strut your stuff by somewhat simple
frugal friday by shabby nest
favorite things friday @ a few of my favorite things
weekend wrap up @ tatertots and jello