Smarty Pants tries out the new Learning Tower that the boys got from Grandma Tee for Christmas...
Happy Vee, our trusted taste tester, is serious about his food. I think these cookies put him in a chocolate & sugar induced food coma...
Recipe, you ask? Why sure, here it is:
For 3 Dozen Yummy, Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 1/4 cup flour
1 t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix
2 eggs, whisked
1 T. vanilla extract
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips (I used 1 cup white choc./1 cup semi sweet)
1 1/3 cup chopped nuts (optional, of course. I used sliced almonds, chopped walnuts or macadamia nut would be good too)
**tip: If reusing a hot pan, make sure to bring it back to room temperature before putting another batch of dough in the oven. Trust me, you don't want to burn ANY! You can speed up the process by letting it sit in cool water.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a med. bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder & salt and set aside
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar & white sugar
- Beat in instant pudding mix until blended
- Stir in whisked eggs and vanilla
- Blend in flour mixture
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. The cookie won't spread much, so you can fit at least 12 on a pan.**
- Bake 9-12 minutes on ungreased cookie sheet until edges are a golden brown
- Cool on a baking rack, wait 2 minutes, and enjoy!
Closer you ask?
C'mon, lean in a little... they smell lovely!