It's official, our first Christmas decoration is up! A little tree covered with little white yarn pom-poms. We went down to San Diego for the Thanksgiving weekend and on our way back up, we stopped at Ikea. I don't get to Ikea often, maybe once a year... if that, so I was like a kid in a candy store. I didn't buy that much, but my eyes were round like saucers and my mind was swirling. After I came down from my Ikea-idea-induced high, I had to purchase this cute little Christmas tree. It's artificial, but it looks pretty darn real!
This morning I made a bunch of mini yarn pom-poms and wrapped the pot in burlap. Easy!
Click "Read more" for more detailsfork pom-poms" on Pinterest, I decided to give it a whirl (literally!).
2. I wrapped my thick yarn (3-ply?) around the fork 12 times.
3. I decided to tie it off with some thinner twine so that it could double as an ornament hanger. Tie it off nice and tight!
4. Cut the loops... You don't have to leave it on the fork. On or off the fork worked for me.
5. Then trim, trim, trim until you're happy with the shape...
6. and it looks like you've sheared a sheep :) This is the remnants of 10 mini pom-poms.
Mini Pom-Pom Ornament!
Here's the little tree sitting pretty in our family room...
I'm currently buried in laundry and am getting everything and everyone back in order after being out of town. I think we'll tackle the rest of the decorating this weekend.
Have a terrific week!