Click "Read more" for the Tutorial
Crushed Shell Tree Instructions
mother of pearl paint, i used the martha stewart brand
crushed shell vase filler (found in the floral section of craft stores)
2. paint cone with mother of pearl paint.
3. crushed shells in two sizes, found in the floral section of craft stores.
4. using a sponge, apply a generous layer of mod podge to a small section.
5. pour the larger shells into an open box (i used a shirt box) then gently press in. when the shells stick and are not sliding around, move on to the next section. when the larger shells are generously covering the cone, apply more mod podge...
6. and pour the smaller size shells into the box and press in the smaller shells. the smaller shells will fill in the gaps left between the larger shells. let dry overnight.
This will be a nice addition to my growing tree collection!
More holiday projects coming up...